03 June 2021
The International Hospital Federation (IHF)
To: All Healthcare Professionals and Private Health Facilities Licensed by DHA
The International Hospital Federation (IHF) Awards were launched in 2015 and are recognized around the world as the premier awards program to honor hospitals and healthcare organizations. The winners of the IHF Awards will be presented during a special Awards Ceremony at the 44th IHF World Hospital Congress which will be held on 8th-11th November 2021 in Barcelona, Spain.
IHF Awards 2021 categories are as follows with each category presents a unique opportunity to showcase outstanding services, programs, and projects of hospitals and health service providers.
The submission of entries for the following six categories are now open:
- Kwang Tae Kim Grand Hospital Award
- Austco Excellence Award for Quality and Patient Safety
- American College of Healthcare Executives Excellence Award for Leadership and Management
- Ashikaga – Nikken Excellence Award for Green Hospitals
- Sultanate of Oman Excellence Award for Health Services During Crises
- Excellence Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
The deadline for entries is on 2nd July 2021. For inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To check if your organization is a Member of the IHF, visit https://www.ihf-fih.org/our-community-of-members/
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY RULES:
- All entries must be for services, programs or projects, which have been completed or substantially completed between 1 January 2018 to 30 April 2021 with quantifiable achievements, results and/or outcomes during this timeframe. In addition, projects that were completed before 1 January 2018 can be submitted if the project had evidence of recent results or achievements by 30 April 2021.
- Only hospitals and healthcare service providers (government, public or private) can submit entries. Consultancy companies and vendors representing hospitals or healthcare facilities are NOT eligible to submit entries.
- Each organization is allowed a maximum of two entries per category and can submit for all categories.
- All entries will need the endorsement of the organization’s CEO/President or Chairperson of the Governing Board. Click here to download the template for the endorsement letter.
- Entries must be submitted through the IHF online submission platform.
- Submitters must choose the category where the service, program, or project will be entered.
- Each category will have a dedicated online entry form which will require submitters to provide basic information about the organization. In addition, there are five questions needing to be answered to provide relevant information about the service, program, or project.
- Submitters can upload up to 5 relevant documents in PDF and word file format. Maximum upload file size is 32MB.
Entries will be scored by a panel of experienced global healthcare leaders serving on IHF’s Judging Panels. They will use their vast knowledge of the industry to score each entry on its merits and using the following criteria as guidance:
- Originality or innovativeness of the services, programs and/or projects;
- Intended impact of the project with a special focus on quality, efficiency and health outcomes;
- Adaptability and scalability of the project in the region, the country and to the rest of the world;
- Scientific rigor of the project’s design and outcome measures; and
- Clarity of the presentation.
The IHF Awards 2021 will be presented to Gold, Silver, and Bronze Winners of the six award categories during the special Awards Ceremony at the World Hospital Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
Kindly note that you can also refer to the enclosed IHF Awards 2021 presentation with further details about each category, entry guidelines, judging criteria, website links, etc.
If you have any questions about the Awards 2021, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Eleonor Angeles (email@example.com), who is leading this program. She will also share with you marketing materials to help promote the program.
IHF Awards 2021 - Final.pdf: